a) To address the problems of poor sanitary conditions and indiscriminate slum settlements and shanties in Lagos State.
It exercises regulatory powers in respect of the following;
- Arrest and prosecute of street traders
- Arrest and prosecute of violators of the provision of Road Traffic Law 2012
- Arrest and prosecute of person who converts streets and public roads for religions, social and commercial function.
- Arrest and prosecute of road side mechanic operators.
- Arrest and prosecute of touts and persons who illegally issue tickets to motorists on public roads and streets.
- Liaising with the Lagos State Film and Census Board in arresting and prosecuting persons who sells, hawk or display pornographic videos or uncensored films.
- Liaising with LAMATA in arresting violators of BRT dedicated lanes and corridors.
- Arrest and prosecution of quarks in the medical profession; this it does in conjunction with the Ministry of Health.
- To carry out any other duties as may be directed by the Governor.
Under Chapter E6 Scheduled. Section 4 (1) of the Environmental Sanitation Law and the Lagos State Road Traffic Law 2012 which specified Environmental Offences throughout the State, the Task Force is empowered to impound or take custody of any vehicles, goods, wares, articles or things found in any place that is prohibited under any of the Laws specified in the Scheduled of law.
(B) DEPARTMENTS/ UNITS
PUBLIC AFFAIRS UNIT